Monday, March 15, 2010

P.S. I love you....

Five months ago my world came crashing down as the man I fell in love with told me he just couldn’t be with me anymore because of how I was acting and treating him. This all transpired from the fear and anxiety I was living in due to what was going on with my family (note to readers: divorce truly affects ALL areas of life). Not only did I lose a boyfriend that night, but I felt as though I lost my best friend. Who was going to be there to make me laugh? Who was going to be there to hug me when I cried? Did he not love me anymore like he once did? Were we completely over? Two years just…gone? Little did I know that the Lord had it all planned out and He knew what was going to happen just five months down the road.

FAST-FORWARD…March 14th 2010. Saturday night cooking dinner together and then Sunday, a whole day in Denver together. Who would’ve thunk? I sure didn’t. Everything that took place in the past five months all lead up to, now, a time when love has been renewed…but not only for me, for him as well, and this excites me! I get butterflies in my tummy when I know I’m going to see him, I smile when I see his name come up on my caller ID, I listen closely to the sound of his voice when he speaks, I can’t help but get excited when he grabs my hand. Yes! It’s a new beginning and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. And you know what? No one will ever truly understand what we have been through and I love that.

Love truly is a beautiful thing when you allow the Lord to do His will and work everything out in His timing (now, I will be honest and say that for most of the five months I wanted things to happen MY way, but I learned, and I’m still learning…it’s not about me). Last night he looked into my eyes and said, “I love you. You are perfect for me.” His heart is genuine, his love is pure, and I, Autumn Rae, am the girl who gets to rest in knowing that we have an incredible love story that is still unfolding. Wow. Oh, and I get to rest in his arms too…hehe, we love cuddling!

I don’t know what the future holds, let alone tomorrow, BUT I do know that this man has a special place in my heart and that I am falling in love all over again.

P.S. I love you....James


4 comments:

  1. Awww! Autumn, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know its been a long while since we have spoken or seen each other, but I want you to know that no matter what, I still love you as much as I did when my dad was alive and we still lived in the A.V.
    The Lord is really been working on my heart alot lately, and I've wanted to tell you that for the longest time.
    If you need anything, you know where to find me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Harmony! Thank you for taking the time to read it and comment. I love you just as much as well, nothing has changed with that. Thank you for sharing your heart with me and I can't wait to grow in our friendship! P.S. You are an AMAZING mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Autumn...I know that I tend to be a bit emotional...but having been there with you through this journey and now reading this has well, brought tears to my eyes. I absolutely love you and can't wait to see what Jesus has in store for your relationship. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my friend! I just love you and am so glad you took the time to read it! I am so blessed that you are apart of my life and can't wait to spend time with you! LOVE you :)

    ReplyDelete